eSG NETWORKS provides the simplest experience to launch and manage your business start-up or growing online. We are looking for an enthusiastic Network Engineer (CCNA/CCNP/Win/AD/Exchange) to helping our clients every step of the way.
What you will be doing:
- Help craft and maintain the brand’s engineering-centric voice and "tell our good story".
- Drive Cloud Service Platform Growth and user engagement
- To develop, manage and maintain a high quality Information Technology (IT) and network infrastructure that meets the business requirements and client's expectations. This includes a day to day routine operations and Network solutions to meet the needs and objective of the business.
- To ensure that Wide, Local Area Networks and Servers are covered.
- Provide support for the following: - WAN, LAN, Routers, firewalls, security systems, cloud and network infrastructure. - Microsoft technologies: Windows server, Exchange and SQL - Virtualization technologies: VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Manage and maintain perimeter security devices such as firewalls & proxy servers to ensure adherence to security policies;
- Ability to maintain & continuously improve strategies that will protect internal users from outside threats that includes viruses, hackers etc.
- Research and assist with implementing new systems, troubleshoot and repair Network issues.
- Install, configure and maintain customer edge equipment such as routers and switches based on best practices.
- Install, configure and maintain servers to meet business requirements in accordance with best practices.
- Assist with the engineering of new solutions and monitor performance stats and action accordingly.
- Perform 3rd Line support where required.
- Ability to enforce the best practices and policies for the use of organizational network.
- Ensure all Infrastructure Software and Firmware revisions are maintained.
- Perform network assessments and security audits.
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Deploy and troubleshoot VOIP technologies.
- Assist with the documentation of all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Communication as required. Keep all parties informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Coach and transfer knowledge to engineers and support staff.
- Grow eSG NETWORKS reach and influence in the cloud services on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Instagram
Qualifications and experience required:
- Matric BSC Computing plus relevant IT qualification.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' in a similar role.
- Must have own car and driver's license.
- 3-6+ years overall work experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
- Extremely analytical with a metrics driven process
- Savvy with third party analytical tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Optimizely, Kiss Metrics, etc.)
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Security software such as McAfee or Symantec Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies.
- Ability to think and communicate strategically with a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Familiarity with: Windows & Redhat, Ubuntu, Debian server operating systems
- Experience with web hosting is a major bonus
If you're interested in this position, please email us your resume, link to LinkedIn profile, and cover letter. Feedback will be given to short-listed candidates only. If you haven't received feedback within 2 weeks then please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.